John Frey, HP's Top Sustainability Officer giving an insightful case study on how Hewlett Packard thinks about Technology and Sustainability and how this mindset drives their overall business strategy to make them the market leader they are today. This is from the 2011 Green Initiatives Conference, September 2011, Fort Lauderdale, FL. Click on video to view.
Welcome to the 2012 GreeninfoTechSummit
Dolce Hotel and Resort
October 18th 2012
Beyond Green IT 101-The GreeninfotechSummit is a Cross Sector event bringing together CIO's, Senior IT Executives and Corporate Sustainability Policy Makers from Fortune 1000 Companies, Large Public Sector Organizations, Leading Vendors and Analysts to network, discuss and learn about the latest strategies and developments in Green IT/Sustainable Computing and IT's crucial role sustainability agenda.
Summit attendees representing a cross section of industries will gather to arm themselves with the latest research and case studies demonstrating best-in-class Sustainable Computing practices that are reducing costs and carbon emissions across the enterprise while driving business growth.
The central focus will be on technologies and strategies as they relate to:-
- Green Network Strategies
- Cloud Computing
- Travel substitution
- Data Center Efficiency Management Strategies
- Energy Efficiency Strategies
- Smart Printing
The Greeninfotechsummit will address the key business, technical and legal challenges and/or drivers of Green IT/Sustainable Computing.The paragraph below encapsulates the spirit of the summit.
"Don’t be fooled: Green IT is as much about the greenbacks as it is about reducing the environmental impact of operating IT and the business. In fact, financial motivation — not environmental motivation —is the driving force behind the pursuit of greener IT. So when asking yourself whether green IT has financial merits, the short answer is yes — but IT leadership must understand why and how this is achieved to invest time and capital wisely." (Forrester Research).
The Summit format will be as follows
- Conference with Presentations given by industry leading End User’s/Practitioners from both the Private and Public Sectors respectively.
- A mixture of formal and informal networking opportunities including a networking dinner and drinks reception
- Executive workshops
- Best practice End User case studies.
- The Event will be livestreamed/web-cast for those who can't attend and then archived post event
- For more information on the benefits of attending as a delegate, go to our ‘Delegates-Why Attend’
Vendors-We have a variety of options for quality Vendors to get involved too – for more details see ‘Sponsors’ page.